Online tefl job Back to Results
You are not logged in as a candidate, so it will not be possible for you to apply for jobs. Please log out of teflhub and log in as a candidate before applying!
Teach English online to children in China between the ages of 5 and 12 with Waypal
A Britsh style of teaching English using reading as the gateway to language acquisition
With 25-minute class-blocks from morning through early afternoon 5 days a week plus weekend work for those who want it , this rewarding role can be the perfect fit for your already busy life.
You can connect from home - and teach the same students week after week.
Set your own schedule so that teaching fits into your life. Our students want to book lessons with the same teacher, for at least four to eight consecutive weeks. Repeat students offer you a great opportunity to build impactful relationships with students and increase your income.
- Deliver 25-minute high-quality and engaging, innovative and uplifting one-on-one online classes from the comfort of your own home
- Communicate your availability for lesson hours with our easy-to-use scheduling system
- Have access to prepared lesson materials…and also find your own voice and style for teaching your students
- Give feedback to your students throughout the class and to their parents in post-lesson reporting
What we need you to have
- Ability to connect with children and take them on their language journey
- Native English speaker with a Bachelor's degree in any field
- A minimum of a 40 Hour TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification, ideally you will have at least an 80 hour certificate
- Experience in early childhood development is desirable but not essential
- Experience of teaching phonics is a distinct advantage
- Excellent cultural awareness, communication and motivational skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of student engagement satisfaction
- Access to a headset, personal computer, and a strong and stable internet connection
- Willing to complete an online Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
Availability during lesson times for the China timezone: our peak hours are weekday mornings (09:00am GMT to 13:00 GMT); we also have lessons weekend mornings (9:00am GMT to 1:00pm GMT)
- You must have an undergraduate degree ideally in a field related to education, or languages
- You must also have a TEFL, CELTA or TESOL certificate in addition to your degree. We will accept 40-80 hour certificates but prefer 120 hour plus
- Ideally 2 years of teaching English to beginner learners/ early learners
- Ideally you will ahve experience of teaching on line
Salary and Benefits
Salary is between £15 and £25 per hour or $20-$35 US dollars per hour
Flexible working hours ( our lessons take place between 5 and 10pm BEIJING time )
Please send in your CV/ Resume and copies of your degree and TEFL certification to email@example.com